Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Gym, Tanning, Babies...

Its no surprise that I gained quite a bit of weight during pregnany with my twins. I lost a huge amount of it just during my delivery and when my swelling went down I felt like a whole new woman, BUT I was already 20 pounds over weight when I got pregnant. My goal is to lose 50 pounds and be back to 140. This is what I weighed when I was my happiest and felt my best! I currently have a membership to our family rec center herre in Rock Springs and have gone several times, but the daycare is only open from 9-12 Monday through Friday and closed during the summer so I am looking into joining the womens weight loss center when my membership is up so I have one less excuse to use when trying to get to the gym. I joined bodyspace on bodybuilding.com so that I can keep track of my progress and measurements and help hold myself accountable. I have also made a personal goal of making dinner at least 5 times a week which I have been able to do for the last few weeks. I am determined to complete my weight loss goal by the end of this year, but I want to be able to fit into my "fat jeans" by the end of April when Ryan and I are taking a vacation to San Diego. I want my maternity jeans to be a thing of the past.
Tanning has also become a part of my routine because it has helped me feel better about myself with more immediate results and my stretch marks are beginning to lighten up which makes me feel so much better! I am going to be taking my measurements and weighing myself every Monday and continuing to work on my eating habits and increasing the amount of workouts I get in each week.
This brings me to the last part.. BABIES. I am reading a book about healthy sleeping habits for twins and how to set up a sleep schedule for two because an important part of my return to healthy is healthy sleep for the whole family especially myself! I also want to have the babies on a sleep schedule so that I can schedule in my workouts much easier and be able to plan my time at the gym as much as possible.

Updates to come! Hopefully good news, good news, good news :]

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you and love you more than you know. You and Ry are such good parents. The little girls are blessed to have you for their mommy and daddy. Thank you for giving our family these beautiful babies to love!

    ReplyDelete