Saturday, December 17, 2011

Our Babies Have Arrived!

Paige Lee and Kinley Jo made their arrival on Tuesday, November 8th at 10:27 and10:28pm via C-Section. I had been thinking that my water was slowing leaking starting Monday morning and on Tuesday night my mother-in-law convinced me to call Labor and Delivery. The nurse told me to come in right away to have a test done for amniotic fluid. I got to EIRMC at 8:00pm, the test was done at 8:30, and came back POSITIVE for fluid at 9:00. The nurse told me the great news that my C-Section would be scheduled for 10:00 that night! I was so relieved and excited! Ryan and I started calling people to let them know that the little girls would be here soon!

The surgery went great and the feeling of hearing Paige and Kinley cry for the first time sent an amazing rush through my whole body! After recovering from my surgery for a few hours I was wheeled into the NICU to meet my babies! Ryan was such an awesome help the whole time I was in the hospital. He slept on a tiny couch in my room so that I didn't have to be alone! So cute! I was released on Friday, but the babies had to stay in the NICU for a few more days just to make sure they were eating well enough to come home.

Paige and Kinley were released from the hospital together only one week after being born. The doctor said that he had never released twins together before and that he was really proud of the girls! I lived in Idaho Falls until the babies were a month old.

All of us have been together as a family now back in Rock Springs for a little over a week. I love my new life and our sweet babies. Ryan is such an amazing husband and an even more amazing father to our girls! It is so nice to be all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment